Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scott's stole is almost finished.

Except for a bit of hand-stitching, this green stole is almost ready to ship.  I now have it draped on my mannequin (covered in a white sheet) to enjoy in my studio for another few days.
A Tree of Life has taken shape.

I feel however that the Tree of Life has morphed into "Leaves of Life".  I've managed to use a bit of almost every necktie from the congregation either as background, trunk, stems, or leaves.
The upper left side

Central section, both sides.
Back detail
This has been a very satisfying project.  I have revelled in the process, enjoying the luxury to work a little or a lot at any one time.  This has left me lots of thinking and planning time, an important part of the creative process.  

2 comments:

  1. As usual, fabulous and inspirational, Janet. This one is my favourite, though.
    Donna P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fabulous scarf for a VERY SPECIAL Pastor....
    Mary G

    ReplyDelete